Stella Maris welcomes job applicants who are results-oriented and committed to the mission of helping others through their recovery process. To apply for a position, please complete an application and submit it along with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All applicants are subject to a background check.
Current Job Openings
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, STELLA MARIS, INC.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overall administration of Stella Maris, Inc. : 1) guiding long-term strategic planning for growth and financial stability; 2) maintaining and expanding programs based on best practices in addiction, therapeutic treatment and behavioral health; 3) leading the team of managers and directors to effectively manage Stella Maris operations and treatment; 4) ensuring regulatory and accreditation compliance (including requirements of the Joint Commission Accrediting Hospitals Organization and Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services) and, 5) representing Stella Maris to local, state and national stakeholders.
The ideal Executive Director is an action-oriented professional with excellent written and oral communication skills; a strategic thinker and relationship builder with demonstrated success in progressively responsible leadership roles. A background in addiction and behavioral health treatment is desirable. With innovation and vision, the Executive Director is able to complete major initiatives while protecting and enhancing Stella Maris’s critical role– providing a continuum care to individuals and families facing addiction. Key skills include fundraising, marketing, strategic planning and business development. A Master’s degree is preferred; a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Conveys a vision of Stella Maris’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Works with board and staff to achieve the mission through strategic planning, business development, community outreach and fundraising
- Translates the organization’s strategic plan into realistic goals and objectives in concert with senior staff
- Sets and models Stella Maris’ culture, values, and behavior
- Builds strong relationships with community treatment and mental health providers and referral sources
- Serves as chief spokesperson with media and as lead ambassador for Stella Maris with active engagement at community events and with other therapeutic and civic organizations
- Leads outreach and manages Stella Maris’ communications, through traditional, social media and other channels, to build recognition for the organization
- Coordinates with the Board President to conduct and plan Board meetings, oversees preparation of meeting materials by staff and participates on Board committees
- Communicates effectively with the Board in a timely and accurate manner, providing all information necessary for sound decision- making
Financial Performance and Fundraising
- Manages the Finance Director and bears ultimate responsibility for Stella Maris’ fiscal integrity
- Works closely with Stella Maris’ staff, Board and consultants to develop fundraising strategies for annual operating support, the current capital fundraising campaign and long-term philanthropy
- Identifies new resources and support sufficient to sustain and grow the organization
- Strives to secure philanthropic contributions and grants from private donors, foundations, corporations and public agencies
- Establishes and maintains relationships with current and prospective donors to increase philanthropic engagement
- Responsible for developing and maximizing earned revenues through existing and new programs
- Assures maintenance of appropriate compensation and benefits policies and practices
- Maintains and demonstrates a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Implements Board policy decisions
- Hires and retains highly competent, qualified staff with required licenses and credentials
- Signs contracts, agreements, and other legal instruments on behalf of the organization
- Ensures the work of the organization is supported by clear and effective processes and measurable objectives
- Oversees delivery of high quality services, following best practices
- Demonstrates strong organizational abilities, particularly with the flexibility to execute both strong decision-making and consensus building
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Cleveland, Ohio. The typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM -5:00 PM with occasional evening and weekend events.
Stella Maris offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including subsidized health insurance, paid vacation/holidays and an IRA employer match. Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No one will encompass all the ideal attributes. Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes a description of how your skills, experience and education align with the key job responsibilities.
Files may be in MS Word or PDF format. All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their application and requests for further information, if needed. No phone calls please. This position is open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of GAAP; nonprofit accounting experience preferred
- Computer competency – familiarity with electronic medical records billing systems a plus
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and communication skills
- Team player with interpersonal skills
The newly created role will report directly to the Director of Finance and perform general accounting and finance tasks, such as maintaining accounts receivable and payable, maintaining accurate fixed asset schedule and preparing depreciation entries, creating tracking spreadsheets, billing, assisting in the annual budget process and general office duties such as maintaining banking and vendor files
Job Type: Full-time – 40 hours a week
Advantages of Stella Maris, Inc. Employment
1. Culture of teamwork and commitment to effective addiction treatment and recovery. We are a caring, competent, and compassionate team!
2. Benefits (all employees):
• Fair wages
• Free parking, bus stop nearby
• Free continuing education required to maintain credentials
• Free meal during work shift
• $100 per year reimbursement for continuing education or credential application required for job
• Access to employee assistance program
3. Additional benefits for full-time employees:
• Paid time off (PTO)
• 8 paid holidays
• Health insurance availability for employee and family
• 403(b) retirement plan (self-funded)